This dessert is like a healthy chocolate pudding. The chocolate/banana/nut combination is so satisfyingly delicious. You can whip this up in 5 minutes. Although I made this recipe with almond butter, you can make it using any nut butter.
Yield: 4 small cups/ramekins
- 2 large, overripe bananas
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 cup organic cacao powder
- 1/3 cup almond butter
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup almond milk
- pinch of sea salt
- Combine all ingredients in a high-powered blender and blend until smooth, adding more almond milk if needed.
- Transfer to 4 small ramekins and chill for at least one hour before eating.
Optional: garnish with cacao nibs, chopped banana, or toasted almonds
Adapted from Sara Forte’s the Sprouted Kitchen Bowl & Spoon.