- 2 pounds parsnips, peeled, cut into 3″ lengths, halved, or quartered if large
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- sea salt, freshly ground pepper
- 2 chiles de árbol, crushed, or 3/4 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Toss parsnips and oil on a rimmed baking sheet; season with salt and pepper.
- Roast parsnips, tossing occasionally, until tender and deep golden brown in spots, 35–40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat chiles de árbol (or crashed red pepper), butter, vinegar, and honey in a small saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until butter is melted.
- Drizzle chile-honey butter over parsnips and toss to coat.
Adapted from Bon Appetit.